So in my usual adventurous manner I pulled a box of frozen brussel sprouts out of the freezer I bought on sale, fitting within a college budget, thawed them out and went to work.
And I must say I was rather impressed, I find it difficult to fit them all in the skillet at the same time, but they are well worth it in my opinion. I should also tag this as renewing my taste for balsamic vinegar.
Until I find the recipe I have stashed here it is off the top of my head:
Box brussel sprouts (fresh are probably better just have not tried them yet)
Salt & Pepper
How to gir-r-dun
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice sprouts in half lengthwise
- Heat some olive oil in skillet (preferably cast iron)
- Cook spouts face down in skillet till browned on face
- De glaze pan with 3-4 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Roast in oven till done (3-5 minutes)
The link below is a similar recipe I found online for those that like to print things out and double reference: