Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just Bisque' I say !

So being a shopper liking bargains I watch the grocery ads for good sales.  A couple months ago Hillers had a sale on the imitation crab and lobster meat for like $1.50 a pack. So I bought one of each and stuck them in the freezer knowing I'd find a use for them eventually.  Well last night was that opportunity, I wasn't in the mood for the stir-fry I had planned and needing to make some freezer room, a seafood Bisque sounded really amazing.
So....as my norm I scoured the internet for recipies looking for similarity and easy of creation.  http://www.tasteofhome.com/  this one is a pretty good base to work from the changes I made are listed in the recipe below.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2-1/4 cups milk
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
  • 1/2 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
  •  1/2 package (8 ounces) imitation lobster
  •  1/2 lb (rough) precooked shrimp (deveined / no tails)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
(all spices are approximate, I tend to use more esp. with dried spices)

This turned out amazing!  certainly a new favorite in the house.
Served it with Cheddar Bay Biscuits  (red lobster style)

No comments:

Post a Comment